Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

sneak preview

I started working on my  annual raffle quilt for MS today...I have been doing the walk and the quilt for 6 years ....with some help from friends and neighbours we have raised  $400-$1200 each year from the quilt raffle. Our team name is Beszak's Buddies...we walk for our friend Richard and  many others that have MS.....Visit Richard's MS website for more info on our team and this years walk.
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=3069915&pg=personal&fr_id=15631&et=oSTtTJT_6VWwn_eHuWfI4Q..&s_tafId=192646
I had my strips already cut and I had decided on a zigzag design ever since making mine last spring....
http://quiltingsquareone.blogspot.com/2010/07/on-recent-trip-to-visit-my-sisters-in.html
I have been collecting these fun fabrics for awhile with this quilt in mind....so now I really need to get my butt in gear cuz the walk is a little less than 2 months away!! And the best part is that I am so HIGH TECH this year...with my blog and facebook and email I am hoping to top that $1200!!!!

collecting was great fun

cutting 3" strips... easy peasy

playing around with possibilities...

had the strips pieced and cut into 5.5" squares in less than 3 hours

decisions, decisions...most of these prints are Riley Blake-Rainy Days and Paula Prass for Michael Miller

love all the grey

oh so pretty

please stay tuned for the finished quilt...coming soon ~

2 comments:

  1. I cant wait! It's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun pattern. I think I am going to make one too! I love the new look with the solid gray fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...