Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

birthday lunch and lemoncake for laura and a new laptop!

woke this morning knowing i was seeing my old friend laura for a bd lunch and remembering how much she loved my lemon cake..... i had to search for this recipe cuz it has been soooo long ...i don't even remember who i got the recipe from... it is  handwritten and been in my special cookbook for over 20 years....


the secret is in the lemon glaze....

 recipe for most delicious lemon cake...

1/2 c butter                         1 1/2 c flour
1 c sugar                             1 t baking powder
2 eggs                                 1/2 t salt
1/2 c milk or buttermilk      1 lemon / juice and grated peel

in large bowl cream butter, sugar, and 1 egg.
beat in second egg, blend in milk.
in second bowl thoroughly sift flour, baking powder, salt and grated lemon rind
combine and stir to moisten
spoon into greased pan....
bake at 350 F for approx. 1 hour till it tests done
remove from oven and drizzle glaze on top

glaze
combine juice of lemon and 1/4 c sugar in small sauce pan heat and stir till sugar has dissolved....

yum yum eat it up....xoxoxo pam

also want to mention that this is my first post from my brand spanking new dell 17" laptop....a special gift from my special husband for our 26 th anniversary! thank you nick!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe there are no comments here...I am going to buy the ingredients today for this...it looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...