Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We all love Fig Tree Jelly Rose

The first  Fig Tree Jelly Rose I quilted was for Joyce at Keepsake Cottage in 2007-08....she does beautiful work and completed hers regular size. By this time my sister's and I had started the same quilt but we all saw it differently...Sister Susan completed hers queensize making it more than twice the work, I machine quilted hers in 2009, it finished up beautiful and has a nice spot in her guestroom.  Sister Joyce figured out how to make hers extra large alternating plain blocks with her pieced ones .... I machine quilted hers with Meandering Daffodils by Patricia Ritter....the end result is stunning! I finished machine quilting hers the night before our Alberta trip.




Now, all this time my sweet little Jelly Rose had pretty much been abandoned after completing  only one block back in 2008 at a quilt retreat...I found the block a little fussy and had too many other projects competing...anyway I was thinking "pillow " by this time but my sister Susan rescued Jelly Rose on her last  March visit......boom... present day my 9 blocks are complete  and I have returned home with them...thanks Susan!! Now my challenge is deciding on how to put these pretties together...stay tuned , although it could take awhile....Happy quilting everyone!  Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...