Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

this and that

I have been busy getting back into a work schedule and making a very special shhhh surprize gift for our oldest daughter Sara....she turns 25 on August 25 making this her GOLDEN BD. I will post a picture after her party.

Meanwhile I finished this fun project...this was a little girls special comforter...worn out and very well loved.
That little girl is 40 now and her mom commissioned me to restore it. This was a fun challenge and I always love the story behind our beloved quilts. It had to be competely picked apart before I requilted it with a flannel back, white cottton binding and the Dancing Daisy panto by Timeless Quilting Designs
The finished quilt is off to be loved  for many more  years.....



Next, I happily machine quilted this beautiful Kaffe Fasset,  Pickle Dish for my customer Barb....it was such a fun happy project ... almost want to make one myself  but I am on mission to finish some old and saved projects ......which doesn't seem to stop me from buying a few new fabrics.....love love love this Michael Miller, Zinnia....also love my new clothesline, I have been wanting one forever and Nick installed it the other day...thank you  Nick!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...