Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

out of my box

a few years back i was very lucky to see marylou weidman speak at a qa meeting....she inspired me to step out of the box in quilting and to put secrets in my quilts....

this quilt was inspired by her....the flowers represent my 4 kids
each flower stem has a name and birthdate...it is the secret that you don't notice unless it is pointed out

these special little messages are form yogi tea



i wound all my faves around the buttons

it is one of my favorite quilts cuz i designed it myself and it was one of my first colorful quilts...
i bought this book the night i met mary lou
she signed my book...her trunk show was amazing....

this is one of my favorite quilts in this book...she redesigned an old gramma's flower garden with applique...
now fast forward a few years..... .. lucky lucky me won this pattern on mary lou's blog after posting a comment about being  "out of the box " it is my first thing ever won in blogland!! thank you mary lou and such designs!!!

i adore this idea and want to make some sweet houses real soon...

 visit mary lou's blog and also read about such designs here   happy friday to all ~ pam ~ xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Pam-
    Your story quilt is so beautiful and meaningful. I love it! I'm so glad you got to meet Mary Lou. After meeting her, she also changed my way of making quilts! Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...